Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Stress On The Job



Only a few months ago, I started having some serious problems with stress on the job. You see, there was a new boss in the office place who I absolutely could not stand. She was such a micromanaging and unfair tyrant that I felt like I didn't have a moments peace. I'm a pretty self-directed sort of guy. I don't mind working with other people, but what I really like is to have a concrete tasks that I can work at and finish on my own. Having someone else constantly question how I'm doing my job absolutely drives me up a wall in no time flat!

For a while, I wasn't sure how to deal with the stress on the job. I was hoping that my boss would not last for very long, but that did not seem to be happening. I tried talking to other workers to see if they were feeling the same way, but that didn't really help. Commiserating was alright to as a way to blow off a little steam, but ultimately it did not do anything about on the job stress. We still had to deal with this difficult boss all the time. I realized that I just had to come up with some stress coping mechanisms that I could use both at work and when I got home. I knew that from now on, I would have some additional stress of the job. The question was if I would be able to deal with it or not.

It turns out that I actually adapted very well. I started establishing a more normal social routine so that I could blow off steam after work. I made sure to go out a couple times a week so that I always had people to talk to and fun things to do to forget about stress on the job when I was not working. I'm a pretty social person, so having a lot of fun activities outside of work really works wonders on my mood. Soon, I was feeling even better than I had before the boss joined.

Of course, I did have to use a few other techniques to deal with stress on the job. Sometimes, it would get so intense when I was at work that I'd be afraid I would explode. I learned a few stress meditation techniques that helped tremendously. I can relax my mind and body within a few minutes and get back to work, no worse for wear. It's good to feel in control of my own life again. It's good to know that, no matter how bad the stress on the job gets, I will not give into my evil and vindictive boss. I will remember to stay in control of myself and not say anything stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment