Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Small Tattoos



A lot of my friends like to get a tattoos. I have a friend who has his whole back covered with one massive diorama. It contains a lot of different religious imagery and is kind of hard to explain. Some of the elements include Moses, Jesus, and a few Norse gods. It probably only make sense to him, but it looks cool to pretty much everyone.

For my part, however, I have always been a big fan of small tattoos. I think that a tattoo should express an idea succinctly, and a small tattoo does this much better than anything else. Tattoo art has gotten very sophisticated recently, and I definitely appreciate the sophistication. Tattoos with shading, realistic appearance, and complex and fantastic themes were almost unimaginable just a decade ago in most communities. Nonetheless, there's something to be said for the basics.

One of the first things that I ever got inked on my body was a small cross tattoo On my back. It was pretty stylized, and wasn't actually exactly a Christian symbol. Rather, it was meant to reflect on themes of sacrifice and belief. It had a little bit of Sanskrit writing on it and some interesting designs that my tattoo artist helped me to decide on. It was pretty cool because you could take in the whole thing in one glance. It didn't take up a large section of my body just to express one idea. It was simple and elegant, and in this elegance there was beauty.

Of course, there are a lot of small tattoos with a less subdued look. As a matter of fact, according to the tattoo guy that I go to, many of the most popular small tattoo designs are pretty over the top. There are skulls with snakes climbing in and out of the eye sockets, hearts with knives through them, and cartoon character after cartoon character. It just goes to show you that it is possible to get small tattoos that are big on style.

Ultimately, the tattoo you get all comes down to the person you want to be seen as. A lot of people get small tattoos as simple fashion statements, and so they get ink that will not really shock or surprise anyone. Then again, there are people who want to really make an impression, and get pretty striking designs. It is all up to you. If you are getting something marked on your body which is going to stay there the rest of your life, make sure that it really expresses who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment