Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Shower doors



After many years of frustrating battles with various shower curtains and liners, I decided to put an end to my battles. No longer would I tolerate the liner blower against me as Im trying to wash myself. I was not going to replace the liner every few weeks or months. Instead, I decided to make some changes to my bathroom. My first major change was to get shower doors installed and do away with all of the headaches associated with the liner blowing all over the place. Though you can install shower doors yourself, we opted to have someone professionally install them for us. They picked out nice frosted shower doors that had towel racks on the outside of the sliding doors. All I needed to do was to find some shear curtains and make them look decorative for the outside of the shower doors, and I was on my way to having a new bathroom.

I was a b concerned about my daughter. Granted, she was old enough to start taking showers but I truly felt that giving her baths would be much more difficult with shower doors instead of curtains. I felt that I wouldnt be able to assist as easily because the shower doors wouldnt allow me to reach in the sides as I once had. However, was much easier than I anticipated. She loved the new shower doors as well.

After installing the shower doors and getting a beautiful shear curtain, I made some other minor changes as well. Once was all said and done, I truly believe that by adding the shower doors, my bathroom appeared to be larger than had previously. Taking a bath or a shower was now so much more pleasant. I didnt have to worry about the liner blowing up and tackling me or floating in the bathtub. My bathroom time became more serene. I added a few candles to the bathroom for decoration and when they were l, they reflected beautifully off of the shower doors. I made sure to light them whenever we had company and received a lot of compliments on how nice our bathroom looked. Getting the shower doors and paying for the installment was not cheap, but certainly didnt cost a small fortune. However, was one of the best investments that we had made for our house in the past few years. Not only has lessened the stresses of the bathroom battles, but has improved the appearance of the bathroom as well. It has always amazed me at how the appearance of one room can be completely transioned by one simple change. Suddenly, you cant believe that you ever tolerated the old appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment