Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Recreational Table Tennis Paddles



We just put the finishing touches on the rec room in our basement, and can now look forward to spending hours down there watching movies, listening to music, and playing ping pong. Ping pong is actually the biggest draw for us, as we all love the game and are quite competitive about it. My sons can't wait to invite all their friends over for tournaments -- which is just fine by me. I'd much rather have them hanging around our house with their buddies than roaming around town getting into trouble! But now I have to stock up on recreational table tennis paddles so everyone can take a turn at playing.

There's really not much to buying a table tennis paddle, particularly when it's just meant for casual use. I certainly don't have to worry about which ones are better for strong offensive players who like to put a lot of spin on the ball or for defensive players who prefer lightweight equipment for quicker strikes. All I want are table tennis paddles that will hold up to the use and abuse that teenage boys are likely to dish out -- which means I can't just go with the cheapest ones I can find. But I figure that paying a bit extra for a slightly higher quality product at the outset will save me money in replacement fees in the long run, so I'm willing to do this.

Anyway, I went to a couple of national sporting goods chains in my area, but they just stocked low-end table tennis paddles that looked like they might snap in half upon contact. No thanks! So I started looking around at some online stores and found a much better selection available. Sure, these websites still had the $5.95 sandpaper models for sale, but they also had some very good mid-range products as well as some top-tier professional table tennis paddles that cost over $150.

After reading through a bunch of descriptions, I settled on a table tennis paddle that seemed perfect. It wasn't too heavy or too light, could accommodate a bunch of different playing styles, and had very good reviews from customers. This particular table tennis paddle was quite affordable, so I decided to buy 10 of them to keep in the basement for whoever needs them during our gatherings.

I have always wanted to have a cool rec room where my family can spend quality time together, and now that dream is finally a reality. I'm looking forward to grabbing a table tennis paddle in one hand, a cold beer in the other, and smacking the ball around while laughing and talking with my boys. I don't think there's a better way than that to spend a Saturday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment