Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Sales jobs are not for the faint of heart, and

Sales jobs are not for the faint of heart, and that is no lie. Jobs in sales are for people who don't mind having no ground under them. When things are going good, they go very well, but when things are going badly, they are awful. You need to be sustained by an almost fanatical self-confidence that will keep you going through thick and thin. You need to be incredibly charming and need to believe in yourself completely. Only that will get you through the tough grind of the beginning into the big money of a sales career.

I have worked many different sales jobs, and I've seen the best and worst of it. The current sales job I have is as a regional distributor for a large corporation. I definitely made it at this point, but things were not always this way. When I first got into sales jobs, I was working at the bottom of the pack. I was doing cold calling at a telemarketing company, and it was nothing but tough work. They told me that I would be able to make a huge amount of money, but when I first started off it wasn't like that. I was barely making ends meet, and getting frustrated. If I had not kept going, driving myself to improve my skills, I never would have gotten promoted to management level. From there, it was up and up, but it was not always easy.

Of course, not all sales jobs are the same. Sometimes what looks like a promising sale job is actually a dead-end position that will never get you anywhere. You have to be aware of pyramid schemes they are everywhere in the sales industries. If you are gullible, you can fall victim to someone trying to take advantage of you, making money off you while you slave away in an impossible position. If it sounds like it is to good to be true, it just might be. If it seems like it isn't working, don't wait around to see if it does. Find something better, then never look back.

When you find the right sales jobs for you, you know it. No matter how hard you have to work, you will know that it is going to end up alright in the end. Trust your instincts they don't lie. Sales jobs require smarts, but they also require instincts. If you can't trust yourself, you won't be able to get clients to trust you either, and you won't succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment